We work closely with Shop MA, Inc., SHOP.COM Marketplace, Inc., Market America, Inc. and each of their various subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively the "Affiliates"), and your personal, technical and discretionary information may be shared with each of these Affiliates, in the discretion of Market America, Inc. For this reason, throughout these Terms, references made to "Market America," "MA," "Company," "we," "us" and "our" collectively include Market America, Inc. and the Affiliates. The Site is hosted in the United States.
Our mission is to provide the most compelling shopping experience for our customers. We want you to feel safe while visiting the Site. This is why we ask you to read our policies and give your consent to proceed, enabling you to navigate in our websites knowing why we collect your information and how you can interact with our websites. When we process the information you give us, which we outline, some types below, our goal is to be clear about what information we collect and how you can make choices about your data. We listed some actions you may take as follows:
- Unsubscribe marketing emails: For example, if you no longer desire to receive marketing emails on your email account, you can always contact us on the link "unsubscribe link" provided in the footer of our emails.
- Accessing your data: You may want to access your data, or you would like to edit your data in case information is incorrect or incomplete. You may want to transfer your data within sites. To access your data, please contact customer service at email@example.com or at our phone number in USA: 1 (336) 389 6994
- Withdrawing consent: You may want to withdraw your consent, we will follow up on your request, we will collect no additional information and no longer be able to process your information. To withdraw your consent please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our phone number in USA: 1 (336) 389 6994
- Deleting your data permanently: You may want us to forget about you. Thus, if you want us to delete your information from our database, we will be able to follow your request in a timely manner – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or for legal purposes. You acknowledge and agree that once we erase your information from our system, we will not be able to identify you. Therefore, if you attempt to come back to interact with our websites, all your information that we store for you, for your convenience, will no longer be available there. For example, your basic information such as profile, history and preferences will be gone. You may want to consider all of that before you make this decision. To delete your data permanently, please contact customer service at email@example.com or at our phone number in USA: 1 (336) 389 6994
We aim to maintain our websites a safe place to interact; therefore, we have several systems in place to protect your information from accidental, malicious misuse or destruction. Because of this, it may take several steps to do what you asked, especially to erase your information. We may not immediately remove information from all areas of our systems. Therefore, it may take several days until we will be able to complete this task.
Information We Collect
We collect and store information you provide to us through the Site and the Mobile App.
The information we collect may include, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, corporate information, testimonial and date of birth. Personal information will be collected at various times including, without limitation, when you:
- Write an e-mail or letter to Market America
- Submit a product review or testimonial to Market America
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
- Contact our customer service or product information departments
- Register on our Site
- Navigate the Site
Technical information we collect and store automatically
Whenever you visit the Site, we automatically collect and store the following information: the Internet address from which you accessed the Site, the date and time you visited the Site, the duration of your visit to the Site, whether you are a new or returning visitor, the page from which you exit the Site, what country you are visiting from (your network location), the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Site, the name of the file or words you searched for, items clicked on a page, information about your mobile device including the unique identifier for your device and the browser and operating system used. The Site is not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
This information is stored using session ID cookies, persistent cookies and various other types of cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer.
Third party Information
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our Site using the technologies described above. Some of these providers have information about you, including personal information, demographic information and interest reports which they will share with us. We may also share your personal and technical information with them.
Using Information We Collect
We want to provide you with the best possible internet experience and fulfil your orders exactly as you've requested. Additionally, we want to make your experience with Market America a pleasant and positive one. In order to do this, we may use any information we collect for any legitimate business purpose (including, but not limited to, marketing). For example, we may use the information as follows:
Use of Personal Information
- Match you with the Shop Consultant that is the best possible fit for you;
- Send you promotional offers;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Customize our communications to you;
- Improve our customer service;
- Share your positive product testimonial with others;
- Include your name, stories, testimonials, product reviews and images in Market America and third-party publications, literature and/or other media, on Market America operated websites, on third party websites, at Market America events, on Market America CDs and DVDs, in any other Market America communications to our UnFranchise Owners, partner stores, third party service providers or others, or as otherwise deemed useful or appropriate by Market America.
Use of Technical Information
This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to various sections of the Site, the percentage of visits that came from particular key word searches, the average time spent on the Site by visitors, and the average number of page views by visitors. It may also be used to identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us improve the Site, analyse patterns of usage, and to make the Site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. The Site may periodically delete its web logs. We use third-party analytics services to collect and analyse this data, and on occasion, we may provide this information to third party entities we contract with for the purpose of further analysing website traffic.
Cookies allow us to enhance, personalise and track your online experience, so that the information you receive is more relevant to you. This technology will allow you to move faster through our website once the information is in our database, since you do not have to re-enter the same information or log in each time you enter the site.
Third party Information
Third Party Information helps us to enhance and personalise our interactions with you so that the information you receive is more relevant to you. We use third party information for behavioural advertising, which allows us to predict your preferences in order to show you ads and send you emails that are more likely to interest you.
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
It is not a practice of Market America to sell, rent or trade personal information. In order to best service our customers and Preferred Customers, we may share any information we collect for any legitimate business purpose. For example, when we share your order information, we share some of your personal information and information about your spending habits with the Market America Independent UnFranchise Owner ("UnFranchise Owner") assigned as your Shop Consultant. UnFranchise Owners are obligated to treat the information you supply with confidentiality.
We share certain limited information with the partner stores where you shop. We may also share your personal and technical information with web analytics companies and services in order to provide a more personalised web experience for you.
We use third party service providers to help us operate our business, the Site and the Mobile App, provide certain services or administer activities on our behalf, such as credit card processing, sending emails, shipping orders, printing, web design and hosting, public and media relations, internet services, e-commerce, order fulfilment and contest/sweepstakes administration. We will share your information with these third parties for those purposes. For example, whenever you place an order through the Site, we will provide your name, address, phone numbers and other information required by the shipper so that the shipper can efficiently deliver your order according to their internal and legal requirements.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, you may receive emails from us, and/or from your UnFranchise Owner. Emails may be sent in order to assist us in processing your order, respond to a request, provide customer service or inform you about products, services or promotional materials. It is our intent to send promotional emails only to those persons who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in our emails.
Links to Other Sites
From time to time, we provide links to third party sites on the Site and the Mobile App. These sites operate independently of Market America and have established their own privacy and security policies. We encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
You may review or update your customer or Preferred Customer information (name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, etc.) under Your Account.
Market America is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of information we collect, and we limit the information we provide to third parties.
When you make a purchase or submit a document on the Site, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Privacy of Children on Our Site
The Site and Mobile App are not intended for use by anyone under the legal age. We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market America, Inc.
1302 Pleasant Ridge Rd. Greensboro, NC 27409
USA Email: email@example.com
USA Phone: +1 (336) 389 6994
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST Last Updated 05/14/2018