After Two Decades of Continuous Growth,
The Best is Yet to Come!
I can’t believe another year has come and gone! To say the very least, 2012 was a monumental year for the company and its UnFranchise Owners worldwide. The string of events — from the acquisition of SHOP.COM, to the amazing technology developed for ShopBox, to the company’s new partnership with HSN — marks the beginning of an amazing period of growth ahead.
Looking back on the past 20 years, we acknowledge the milestones that got us here, but we must never rest on our current level of success. As excited as I get over the things in the past, the New Year is a time to focus on future goals. It’s the perfect opportunity to sit down, clear the head, and really spend some time eliminating what doesn’t work and emphasizing what does work.
Let me ask you something… are you just as passionate about this business as when you first began? Do you have that same enthusiasm you experienced at your first Convention? If not, it’s time to re-evaluate your “why” and rediscover your purpose for getting into the business — what your goals are. Next, you must identify what drives you in order to reach those goals.
We are all individuals who have very different likes and interests. With that in mind, let’s do a little soul-searching here. Remove yourself from anything regarding the business and think about what it is you enjoy. Do you love health and fitness or are you more interested in websites and technology? Is music a big part of your life or do fashion and cosmetics intrigue you?
The beautiful thing about Market America is that it can be so many different things to so many different people. That is our passion as a corporation — empowering everyone with such a diverse range of markets to pursue. UnFranchise Owners have the freedom to operate their own businesses in a variety of difference industries. That is an amazing opportunity!
We have growing brand recognition, exposure, training and support of a franchise, but there is so much more flexibility to pursue your passion. If you wanted to open a McDonalds, you would have to love selling burgers and fries — there’s really no other options. But with the UnFranchise business, the sky is the limit.
You can discover and promote new and emerging music talent, you can host makeover parties at your house and retail cosmetics on your own site, you can even earn a significant income showing others how to get paid to shop and having them invite their friends to do the same.
With phase 2 of the SHOP.COM integration coming up, all existing and future customers will be directed there; marketamerica.com will serve solely as a corporate information site used for prospecting and recruiting from that point forward. Find out all the details at the upcoming World Conference in Miami, February 2-4.
In fact, events are the best place to determine what area you want to major in. We cover an amazing amount of information, with breakouts and special corings that provide a very in-depth look at specifics within each major.
Once you’ve identified what industries interest you most, you will find it comes easier to build the business bigger and faster because you are excited about it — and that excitement becomes contagious.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013.
James H. Ridinger
President and Chief Executive Officer
- JR Ridinger President & CEO
- Loren Ridinger Senior Vice President
- Marc Ashley Chief Operating Officer
- Marty Weissman Executive Vice President
- Dennis Franks Executive Vice President
- Joe Bolyard Executive Vice President of International Development
- Kevin Buckman Vice President of One-To-One Marketing & Field Training
- Anthony Akers Vice President of Communications
- Steve Ashley Vice President of Internet Marketing
- Michael Brady Chief Technology Officer
- Beth Cox Vice President of Human Resources
- Vince Hunt Chief Operating Officer, Shop.com
- Brandi Quinn Vice President of Operations
- Sam Ritchie Vice President of Research & Development
- Kirk Wall Chief Financial Officer
- Eugene Wallace Vice President of Project Management
- Andrew Weissman Executive Director of Field Development
- Jim Winkler Vice President of Sales
Medical & Scientific Affairs
- Mark Lange, Ph.D. Director of Quality Control
- Steven A. Schnur, M.D. Senior Medical Advisor
- Perry Krichmar, M.D. Senior Medical Advisor